SONEX NoiseBuster Electronic Noise Canceling (ENC) Earmuff combines superior passive hearing protection with the most advanced electronic noise cancellation technology.
The SONEX NoiseBuster ENC Earmuff is designed specifically to provide high performance ear protection and increased safety for the industrial worker. It is also an excellent choice for do-it- yourself users of lawnmowers and power tools, and for motor sports fans when used in conjunction with scanners. You can even listen to your portable audio player while wearing your SONEX NoiseBuster ENC Earmuff. The product delivers up to 20dB of electronic noise cancellation and has a passive Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 26dB (over-the-head).
The electronic noise cancellation technology utilized in the SONEX NoiseBuster integrates a microphone inside the ear cup that listens to noise coming into the ear. The system analyzes that information electronically and creates a noise wave that is directly opposite, cancelling the one coming into the ear. The “anti-noise” wave is transmitted through a speaker, also located in the ear cup. When the two waves (the noise wave and the anti-noise wave) meet, the noise is significantly reduced.
Since the SONEX NoiseBuster ENC Earmuff incorporates both electronic noise cancellation and passive protection components, it is superior to conventional, solely passive protective earmuffs.
The electronic noise cancellation protection component is the most effective defense against low- frequency noises like those generated by engines, fans and motors. The passive protection component is the most effective defense against mid- and high-frequency noise such as speech and saws.
- Electronic noise cancellation protection
- Passive protection 3.5 mm audio jack
- Comfortable and lightweight
The SONEX NoiseBuster ENC Earmuff includes:
- Durable carrying case, 13.5″ x 9″ x 4.3″ (342.9 mm x 228.6 mm x109.22 mm)
- AA battery
- 3.5 mm audio interface cable, 20″ (50 cm) in length
Electronic and Passive Noise Cancellation:
- ENC performance range: Between 20Hz and 800 Hz
- ENC attenuation: 20dB between 100Hz and 200Hz, 0dB crossover at 20Hz and 800Hz
- Passive attenuation: NRR 26dB/CSA Class A(over-the-head)
Replacement parts and Accessories:
- Speedy battery charger: for Ni-MH or Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries
- Self-stick supplemental headband cushion
- Self-stick replacement ear cushions
- Hygiene Kit: includes two self-stick ear cushions with foam inserts
- Battery door assembly : includes outer rubber boot, plastic cover and screws
- On/off switch and power indicator
- Stereo input 3.5 mm audio jack
- Up to 65 hours of use on a single AA battery
- Adjustable headband
- Resistant to water and moisture, contaminants, mechanical shock and vibration
- 6-month warranty
- Hearing protection: experience noise reduction across the full range of frequencies
- Safety: hear critical speech communications more clearly
- Usability: listen to music or radio communications at lower, less damaging volumes
- Durability: tough molded ABS plastic earmuff and metal headband
- Comfort: soft, pliable ear cushions and cushioned adjustable headband
- Wearability: product weight with battery 17oz.
- Storage temperature:-1040 F to +1850 F (-400C to +850C)
- Operating temperature: +320F to 1310F(00C to +550C)
- Audio cable length: 20”(50 cm)
- Power: one AA battery
ANSI S3.19-1974 Test Data