PROSPEC Pipe Lagging is ideal for many industrial uses. Use it to reduce noise created by loud vibrating pipes or stop sound transmission through various substrates.
PROSPEC Pipe Lagging combines the benefits of both PROSPEC non-vinyl barrier and willtec acoustical foam into one durable product consisting of:
- 1/4” thick willtec foam decoupler used to absorb noise. The foam creates air space so that the barrier doesn’t take on the vibration of the pipes or various substrates.
- 1/8” thick PROSPEC non-reinforced vinyl barrier. The barrier contains the noise and reduces sound transmission.
- Optional pressure-sensitive adhesive backing for easy installation
- STC = 27
- Ideal for controlling pipe noise
- Easy installation with optional adhesive backing
- Operating temperature up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Install with the foam decoupler side on the pipes or various substrates.
- Adhere or mechanically fasten to the pipes or various substrates.
|Physical Data||PROSPEC Pipe Lagging||Product Component
Willtech Acoustic Foam
|Product Component PROSPEC Barrier|
|Material||PROSPEC barrier adhered to willtec foam||¼ ‘’thick willtec foam||1/8 ’’ PROSPEC Non-reinforced(EVA)barrier|
|Surface Pattern||N/A||Soft & flat with small pores||Smooth|
|Color||Natural Grey & Black||Natural Grey||Black|
|Sizes||3/8” X 24” X 48” Sheets
|Tensile Strength||N/A||8psi(ASTM D3574-77)||180 psi|
|Tear Strength||N/A||N/A||50 ppi|
|Heat Conductivity||N/A||K factor=0.24 at 500F, R value=4.2||N/A|
|Operating Temperature||1400F Max||0 to 3020F||1400F Max|
|Flammability||N/A||Class 1 fire-rated(ASTM E84)||Passes MVSS 302|
|Frequencies Hz||Transmission Loss(ASTM E90 & E413-87)|
This product is manufactured by pinta acoustic, inc. and marketed by Memtech Acoustical, LLC